So more daft punk helmet blogging. I had been working on one using spray/expanding insulation to build on. However i found that when i put crack filler on it , it shrunk and couldn’t handle the weight. The left side of the helmet shown above had sheets of packing foam, which could hold up, where as the right side had expanding foam. So I’m starting over again where i will use the sheets on both sides and see how works.
Done for the night. I cut down the structure i made so i had the rough shape of the helmet. Also cut out some of the inside and the ear pieces. covered the whole outside with spackle. More to come tomorrow.
Believe it or not but this lump of lumps is actually the next step of my work in progress daft punk helmet. I’ve taken the measurements i had,made a cardboard base,and covered with spray insulation. It’s curing right now but once it’s done i can hack away until i have the basic shape. More to come.
Mad Hatter’s hat i handmade
Made with scrap fabric
Now here’s the fun part. THIS SUCKER WAS MADE IN ONE NIGHT
all items, accessories, and pieces of the hat were all handmade in one night with no prior plan.